The pattern envelope says this dress has a "slightly dropped waist." I didn't really get that result the first time around, but this time it does look like that. I intentionally made the dress a little big because I want it to be wearable all the way until spring.
The instructions for the placket and collar are fantastic. They walk you through each step and it looks great at the end. The buttons are from stash.
The pockets are my favorite part of the dress, I think. It's nice to have some detail on the skirt part.
This fabric was going to be for me. That was my thought when I purchased it in NYC last spring. But, my daughter really liked it and I thought it would work for this pattern. I also made her a pair of leggings from a purplish mauve knit that I had in stash (no picture). The leggings are more school-friendly than tights are.
I've made some clothes for my younger daughter that I need to post yet. My son has noticed that I'm sewing a lot of girl clothes and not anything for him. He doesn't really need clothes, but he didn't think that was a great reason for me to not be sewing for him. I should probably include him in the fun. Add that to the "to sew" list...