I'm not sure what prompted it, but awhile ago I decided that I needed a green skirt. The last time I was at Fabricland I saw this green wide-wale corduroy. I wasn't really looking for the skirt to be corduroy and the color was a little different than I was hoping for, but since I had my eyes peeled for awhile and hadn't seen anything better, I thought I'd try the corduroy.
After looking for a suitable pattern, I settled on the Burda 2/2010 skirt that I've already used three times. Because of the weight and bulk of the corduroy, I didn't want to try to mess with too many details. I'll use another skirt pattern soon. Really, I will.
One of the things I really like about this pattern is the pockets. This time I made the pocket facings and part of the pocket bag out of a cotton woven solid to reduce bulk.
Since I'll be wearing this skirt with tights I added a lining. Adding the lining was really simple except that I cut the lining exactly the same as the skirt front, meaning the corners were cut off where the pockets go. I didn't want the pockets in the lining, and I was thankful that I had enough lining fabric to cut a new front. The waistband facing is made with the same fabric as the pocket facing.
This is how I wore it yesterday:
I really enjoyed wearing it yesterday, but I'm not all that excited about how I look in the picture. Maybe it was a bad hair day or the fact that my jacket looks rumpled. Maybe it's just the boring pose. I did try some crazy (for me) poses, but when I looked at them this morning they looked...well, crazy. So, boring it is.
Next up: More of these.