What makes it ideal for me? It sits just below the waist, has pockets, lacks front darts, and is just slightly A-line. Added to that is the fact that I could have it immediately by download and it was very easy to sew.
I made it up in a light blue cotton twill with large white flowers. I had hoped to match the print across the center back seam, but didn't have enough fabric. To avoid any particularly strange pattern placement, I did cut the backs out single layer.
The top is Butterick 3344, a great pattern that is out of print. This time I made view E.
The pattern is for knits and the instructions have you cut it on the bias. I've never cut a knit on the bias, but I thought this was as good a time as any to try it. When I first put the top on, it does feel like it wants to twist around, but after straightening it out, it does stay where it should. If I had more time and fewer other things that I wanted to sew, I'd like to try making it up on the straight grain and see what the difference is. It seems like the cowl would still drape, but I could be wrong. The only change I made to the top was to finish the armholes with bias binding rather than a facing.