Let's see...where are we?
The collar, which I didn't need to be so afraid of, is in.
After thinking about a few options, I decided to use weft-insertion interfacing in the collar and stand. To give the collar a bit of a roll, I used a lot of steam - first on just the undercollar, and then on the whole collar (upper and under) after it was together. After attaching the stand to the collar, I attached it around my pressing ham with pins, steamed the whole thing and let it sit overnight. I don't know how much of a difference that all made, but it didn't hurt anything.
The sleeves are set in with sleeve heads and shoulder pads.
They're also hemmed and lined.
The lining is partly inserted.
The colors of the coat and lining are truest in this picture.
All that is left is hemming, completing the lining and some top-stitching (and buttons and buttonholes, but I'm not including that right now). The next post should be the completed coat!