After a few weeks of sewing only window treatments for someone else, it feels good to be back to sewing other things. Of course, being the beginning of summer, most of those "other things" are going to be clothes for my kids.
I used Kwik Sew 3169 for this top. I've used it before (here and here). This knit is not very stretchy, so it worked well for a pattern drafted for wovens. Elastic pinching you under the arms is really unpleasant and I wanted to avoid that. I may have over-reacted to that concern and the elastic around the upper arm could be tighter, but it doesn't look terrible.
The next top is from a pattern I haven't used before - Burda 9549. I guess there are some changes happening with the Burda site(s) - I don't fully understand, but I know that I'm not able to find a link to the pattern right now. Bummer, because it is a pretty cute pattern. I did add length to the top and tapered it at the waist a bit. If I made it straight from the envelope, it would have a boxy, cropped look. That's okay, but not what I wanted this time around. The real picture on the envelope makes it hard to see how the shirt actually fits.
The neckline and shoulders look strangely uneven in the picture. They don't actually look like that.
This sleeve also has elastic in it, but it is zig-zagged to the wrong side. It also could be more snug.
Next up: a summer dress for daughter #1.