Saturday, April 24, 2010

Closet Clutches

I've been referring to these various ways: hanger pouches, hanger pockets, hanger things, etc.  I dropped them off yesterday and M called today to say that she was calling them "Closet Clutches."  I thought that was a great name.  Naming something gives it (more) value.

M had described these closet clutches to me as she had seen it somewhere else.  She thought they could be used for holding a sachet or jewelry or for hiding money or the family jewels.  (Ideally, none of my readers are into burglary, since I've just given away a big secret).  Honestly, this seems like a strange thing to me and like the angels, I wonder who will buy these?  But, as the wise Preacher said, I don't have to sell them - just make them.  M was really happy with them, so maybe she'll have no problem selling them.

The construction is really pretty simple.  There is an outer piece with something decorative on the front, a lining/inside piece with a pocket attached.  The pocket is divided into two (or three on the first one) with a line of stitching.

closet clutches

closet clutches

Two ribbons are stitched on where the top flap folds over.  This keeps the clutch on the hanger when the clutch is opened and still hanging up.

closet clutches

closet clutches

I fused heavyweight interfacing to the lining piece.  Two pieces of velcro keep the clutches closed.

closet clutches

closet clutches

closet clutches

closet clutches

Next up: Wine bags (for S to sell!)

3 comments:

  1. These clutches look great and they are a very good idea. I like the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ingenious! And very pretty, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it would be interresting to see who buys them.

    ReplyDelete