I made the muslin for these awhile back (post here) and then moved on to other things. After re-consulting the muslin, I raised the front crotch 1/4" and increased the leg length by 1.5". And that's all. Did I mention that I think this is very exciting?
The pattern has two options for the waistband. I chose the narrow one. This makes them slightly low-rise. I'm not sure what I think about the pockets yet. Normally I like slanted pockets best on pants, but this type is good for a bulk-free line over the hip. So, I think I like how they make the pants look, but with utility in mind, I probably won't like them.
The fabric is a stretch cotton twill (the pattern is made for stretch wovens) but I didn't want the waistband to stretch at all, so I used stay tape on the seam that connects the waistband to the pants and the seam at the top of the waistband. I used a lightweight woven cotton (non-stretch) for the interfacing. I like the button and buttonhole on each end of the waistband - the closure is nice and secure. I did use a navy zipper because that is what I had. I'll probably regret that later.
The welt pockets in the back are fake. Well, they are real welts, but there isn't a pocket attached to them. The pattern didn't include welts or any kind of pockets, so I had to figure out where to place them. I think I'll move them down a little on the next pair. It looks a little odd to have the dart ending below the welt.
Now I'm working on McCall's 5859. When I left it last night I was sure it was destined for the Salvation Army pile. I think I'm on my way to selvaging it now...