A week or so before I made my dress, I worked on these two pieces for my younger daughter. My older daughter had an idea of what she'd like for new Christmas clothes and I found something similar enough on sale, so we nabbed that. If she had needed me to make hers as well, I'm pretty sure mine would not have happened.
Both the vest and the dress are based on Ottobre patterns, but they're so significantly modified and mashed up that I'm not even going to name the specific patterns. The vest was very easy to construct, but the fake fur fabric was quite a nuisance. I'm pretty sure I spent more time cleaning up the fur fuzz than I did actually making the vest. It's fully lined and only has one hook and eye closure at the base of the collar.
The dress is also quite simple. The main fabric is a semi-sheer polyester woven with sheer polka dots. It isn't as sheer as chiffon, but sheer enough to require a lining. I handled the dress and lining as one piece for the zipper, armscyes and neck. The side seams, CB seam below the zipper and hems are separate.
The sleeves are unlined and bell-shaped with an elastic casing at the hem. They aren't as dramatic as my daughter was hoping, but I'm a little too practical for swooping, puffy sleeves (not a big fan of sleeves dragged through food, etc).
A flower for her hair finishes the ensemble. I followed this tutorial, used a ridiculous amount of hot glue, and felt pretty happy with how it turned out!