I considered using other Ottobre pants patterns for this project, but in light of the time crunch, I went with the same pattern. I did need to trace all the pieces again in a larger size, but the construction was familiar and I had the outgrown pair to reference as needed.
Sadly, most of that gets covered up by the shirt. The back pockets don't get used, but I really like how they're formed. I left off the belt loops and outer leg zippers in the name of simplification.
The shirt is another Ottobre pattern (6/2012-18) - a classic that I think I'll use many more times. The pattern is actually for long sleeves, but I wanted short ones and adjusted accordingly. The fabric is left over from this shirt made for me.
I didn't do any close-up shots of the shirt, but I used grey thread for the topstitching and dark grey buttons. I like that the pattern has all the authentic parts of a classic collared shirt - collar with separate stand, sewn-on button placket, sleeve plackets and cuffs. A serious shirt for a serious boy.