Given the currency conversion and the shipping costs, it generally isn't prudent for me to be making impulse purchases from small independent Australian businesses. This pattern was expensive. But, I do like to support the small independent businesses and I also wanted to try out their patterns since they get good reviews. Was it worth it? I think so.
I thought this was a good idea, but there was a fair bit of trial and error in the execution of it. It was difficult to get the stitching neat and even. I ended up fusing the bands in place with steam-a-seam. I thought I would miter the lower front corners, but obviously didn't think about it clearly since I cut the 45-degree angle the wrong way! Argh! It was fused in placed and a done deal before I noticed. So, I trimmed off that corner and had to do the other side the same way. Now those nice points that hang down are cut off and blunt, but so be it. I can't change it.
I wanted the sleeve finish to be similar to the other hem, so I added the same sort of band. The sleeve ended up being too long that way, so I added a piece of elastic to the seam for some scrunch.
The pattern itself is well-drafted - nice shaping along the back seams, the sleeves fit in very well, and all the notches along the long front neckband piece line up just right. I needed to add length to the bodice pieces and the sleeves and ideally, I would have gone up a size. This one just fits, but it could be better.
I doubled the front neckband piece to get around the raw edge issue. If I hadn't done that I would probably have to declare this too small. With a belt, everything stays in place pretty well.
It might be awhile before I can justify purchasing another Style Arc pattern, but I'd recommend them based on my limited experience. They do a good job of producing current, but wearable styles and I always like seeing the newest releases.