When I actually got around to making this top, I struggled to remember what I was actually thinking when I ordered this pattern. After a quick-and-dirty muslin, I ended up combining views A and D and significantly shortening the length.
I used the Ultrasuede for a hem band and the sleeve bands. Getting the corner mitered appropriately was done without any precision or calculating - just guessing and testing. I did have to do a wee bit of trimming after the stitching was done to get the edge sharp.
The pattern for the hem band in View D is a separate piece added on to the bottom. I didn't want that much bulk or the added length, so I just stitched the band on top of the bottom edge.
The sleeve bands, however, did require self facing so there is a little more bulk there and the armholes are a little more rigid than I'd like. I just trimmed the extra off near the stitching on the inside.
Other random notes about the pattern:
- The cowl piece has some shaping along the back seam.
- I sized down one size from the envelope recommendation, but with this oversized style fit isn't much of an issue.
- Assembling the pattern is very quick and easy. I spent way more time deciding what to do with the pattern options/fabric combos and how to do it than I did actually sewing it up.
I received a few compliments the day I wore it and people seemed genuinely surprised that I made it - not something that happens all that often anymore with people who know that I sew.
I also made the black long-sleeved T in the photos. From two short-sleeved mini-dresses. Because I thought that would be simpler. It wasn't. And that's all I've got to say about that.