My daughter was pretty excited about the idea of a new dress when I started this one, and she was really excited when it won first prize in our local fair* but now she won't wear it.
I also really like the pattern - Burda 9564. I think it's a great play dress pattern and I find it hard to find long sleeve dress patterns. The instructions about how to finish the neckline were somewhat unclear for me, so I just used bias tape. I also used bias tape to make elastic casings at the wrist. The instructions would have you just stitch the elastic right to the sleeve, but I find that hard to adjust for fit. The buttons I chose were smaller than recommended, so I used six instead of four.
*This dress really didn't deserve first place. The second place winner was a dress with smocking, hand embroidery along the hem, and bound and piped armholes and neckline. It was all quite well done and I'm sure it took oodles more hours to create than this one did!