Monday, May 30, 2011

Simple Summer Stuff (Part 1)

I'm going to resist the urge to use my sewing blog to whine about not sewing. Let's just say that I'd have more to say on a yard work blog than a sewing blog these days.

Driven out of necessity, I have made a few very simple things for my daughter. She needed tops and shorts and even though I tried to get it taken care of quickly by buying things, RTW (ready-to-wear) clothes just doesn't fit her well. Shorts that fit in the waist are way too short to wear to school.

Stash fabrics and TNT (tried-and-true) patterns to the rescue! I used Burda 9549 for the top and New Look 6884 (with added length to meet school dress code) for the shorts. I do love seersucker in the summer!

Ice Cream Cone Top and Shorts

The ice cream cone applique came from a clip art search. Pretty easy to do, but adds some interest.

Ice Cream Cone Applique

Next up: Part 2 of Simple Summer Stuff

2 comments:

  1. A very sweet outfit and I love the applique!

    I'm with you about the not sewing...but I did get some sewing time in today and it felt wonderful...maybe the yoga pants and top I've wanted to make will get finished soon if I get more time like today :))

    Ann's Fashion Studio
    http://annsfashionstudio.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. A nice simple outfit! I like the applique.

    ReplyDelete