The larger owl is about 1" tall and I basically just enlarged it, keeping the proportions the same, up to 12" for the pillows.
I like how the feet are perched on a branch in the printed fabric, and I really wanted to make some sort of feet that dangled from the bottom of the owl. But, after three different attempts, I was still unsatisfied with how they looked and I didn't have any more ideas. Instead, the feet look like this:
The wings have a pleat in the middle so that they sit away from the owl body a bit.
The underside of the wing matches the owl belly.
I was quite determined to make these using only materials that I already had and I was successful. I think I would prefer the look of regular button (as opposed to these covered button) eyes, but I didn't have any dark buttons that were large enough.
The gray one is my favorite. If I make these again, it might be fun to be more adventurous with prints - different ones for the head and body, perhaps.