Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Ottobre 01-2010-14 - Corduroy Coat

Right after I finished this coat, I made one more just like it for another new niece. I really liked the pattern and having it all out and being familiar with it made it come together very swiftly.

For the second version, I used a corduroy fabric that I have been hanging onto for awhile. I really like the fabric - both the print and the very soft feel of the corduroy - but I was having a hard time knowing what to do with it. This coat pattern seemed like a good match.

Ottobre 1/2010 Corduroy Coat

Ottobre 1/2010 Corduroy Coat

I used covered buttons on the front and the sleeve tabs.

Ottobre 1/2010 Corduroy Coat

The lining is a lighter shade of the pink flowers in the corduroy.

Ottobre 1/2010 Corduroy Coat

You can see some of the lining fabric used for the under collar to reduce bulk. Ideally, that wouldn't peek out. Oh, well.

Ottobre 1/2010 Corduroy Coat

Such a great pattern. I'm sure I'll come back to it again sometime.

Ottobre 1/2010 Corduroy Coat
What? Another coat that fits me but isn't for me?!? Oh, the injustice...

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful coat. Your daughter is precious in all these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat! She looks quite pleased, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Renee, Your coat and your little girl are both adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your daughter's expressions...Oh and the coat is nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The coat is very nice. And your daughter is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet looking girl....I love the jacket. The corduroy is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the coat. It's so very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. she looks so cute in them you have to make one for her.

    ReplyDelete