I decided on a simple applique of three trees on a linen background. The runner is 60" long and 13" wide.
For the trees, I used a lightweight fusible product and then straight-stitched around the edges. I like the raw-edge applique look, but don't use it very often.
The border and backing is an apple green color that didn't photograph well. I was happy with the mitered corners, but they don't look so good (a little lumpy) in the pictures. I do really like the narrow folded border inside the green one. I only had a small amount of the striped fabric, but think this was a good way to use it.
I was so happy with this when I finished it a couple of weeks ago, but now that I'm looking at the pictures, I'm less than thrilled. I'm really hoping that it is just the pictures, but it looks wrinkly and rumpled to me. I think I would have noticed that in real life and fixed it. I tend to be hypercritical about the things I make to sell. The runner has been at S's shop for a few days now, but after this post I feel like I should go check on it to make sure it really looks okay.