I picked up this brown sweater knit recently at Fabricland. It was very inexpensive and the label said it was a wool/poly blend. The stretch is pretty minimal and it has a soft hand, but is a little irritating next to my skin.
Time for a haircut! It's looking very...uh...asymmetrical here.
I've used Jalie 2449 before both for me and my daughter, but never in a sweater knit. I used a size bigger than I needed according to the measurment chart and cut 1/2" seam allowances. I think I should have gone up an additional size because of the minimal stretch. The neckband in the pattern doesn't go around the back of the neck and I didn't like that when I used it before, so I changed it for this version. I just cut one continuous neckband rather than two shorter, separate ones. Then I trimmed off the back piece at the neck so that the shoulder seams were the same length. It turned out great - I was surprised as it seemed too easy.
Butterick 3344, is out-of-print. I've used it a few times before and I think it's a great pattern. In particular, I like the high armholes. I did have to draw a new neckline since I wanted it to show under the wrap top. The neckline is bound. I considered making the front doubled to have a neckline with no band or binding, but I thought that might overdo the warmth factor since the sweater also has a double front. I haven't worn it yet - I will on Thursday morning when I go to Bible study and it's always so cold in church that I want to keep my coat on. brrrrrr....
Next up: more layers! A top and jacket.