This was a good recovery project after the McCall's jacket. It took me just over two hours to make, there were absolutely no fitting issues and I really like the end result.
When I was looking through my button stash for the white jacket, I saw this black buckle. I don't know where it came from. Then I came across this pattern at the fabric store a couple of days ago, remembered a nice black rayon jersey from NY in my stash and thought it would be nice to have a new dress to wear to a wedding this weekend.
I didn't alter the pattern at all and I think it fits pretty well. I cut a size 10 from the waist up and a 12 below. The instructions would have you put in a zipper. That's silly. You don't need a zipper in a knit dress. I kept the center back seam rather than cutting it on the fold because it did have some shaping.
I fused 1" strips of lightweight interfacing along the neck and shoulder edges to keep it from stretching out. I pressed all the seams open and left the edges raw. I didn't bother with a test, but I'm pretty sure the ridge of serging would have shown and I didn't want that.
Now, I don't know what's next. The little man could use a new pair of pants, I could use a couple more casual tops, and I have a few nice pieces of linen that should be sewn up while it is still summer. Hmmm....decisions, decisions....