Last night I finished the small projects I was working on to sell in a local shop. It felt like it took me a long time to get done with these. It was a busier than usual week and I'm finding that keeping up with the lawn, garden and flower beds is eating up my sewing time.
Anyway, I'm happy with how the things turned out. Hopefully they sell...
Some baskets, made with Ayumi's permission:
Small patchwork bag:
Pink striped bag, made from the leftovers of this dress:
I found the directions for the fabric flower here.
I used a triple straight stitch for the leaf veins and did the "ladybug trail" with black embroidery thread by hand.
The best part of this week's work: I didn't buy anything to make these. Everything came from my stash. But, wow, did it turn my sewing room into a mess. Searching for fabric, trim, buttons, etc. Yikes.
My older daughter really wanted to keep each of the little bags. After she saw the ladybug one she told me I was "the best sewer in the whole world!" Maybe that was the best part of this week's work...