The work on more warm weather clothes for the kids has begun. A friend gave me a box of clothing that her kids were done with. The yellow flowered fabric was the skirt part of a dress that was too small for my older daughter and too big to keep around until it fit my younger daughter. I cut off the bodice of the dress and used Burda 9826 to make an A-line skirt.
The pattern has a seam at center front and center back and is cut on the bias. I eliminated the front seam and cut it on the straight grain. I added the 2.5" ruffle, using the hem from the dress. With an elastic waist, this is a really simple pattern. I would have been done in about half an hour, but I added shorts under the skirt.
For the shorts I used Burda 9615 again. This time the shorts are attached to the skirt at the waist. I cut them out without an allowance for the casing, assembled them and then tucked the top edge under the casing.
The top is Kwik Sew 2918 with a gathered center front and puffed sleeves.
Today I finished a couple of T-shirts for the little man and I'm hoping to get a dress cut out for my younger daughter tonight.