Another easy knit top! This came together very quickly. The only alterations that I made were in length: 2.5" to the sleeves and 1" to the bodice front and back. The fit is pretty good. Perhaps the armhole could have been cut higher and I think I should have done a forward shoulder adjustment. I didn't get a good picture, but from the side something looks a little "off" with the shoulder.The picture is a little dark, but I think the color of the fabric is really nice - not sure what the name of the color is...teal? peacock blue? Regardless, I like it. And the fabric is really soft - a nice cotton interlock.
I don't really care for View B of the pattern, but I do like the neckline of View A. I'll probably make it again. The neckband is interfaced and has a facing. So, the neckline is a little nicer than a regular T-shirt, but is still casual and comfortable (good descriptors for my life in general). The shirt isn't anything to be terribly excited about, but it is a good basic.
I have one other easy top to post about and now I'm thinking about pants. I made a pair back in November that turned out less than stellar in terms of fit. Last week I went back and messed with the pattern and I think I made too many alterations - the new muslin was too tight.
I've been looking at everyone's pants lately. It turns out that very few people have pants that fit well. That's both encouraging and discouraging. If I make an ill-fitting pair of pants they might still look "normal." However, one of the reasons to sew is to have clothes that fit and seeing so many people in pants that don't really fit well gives me an indication of just how hard it will be to get it right. Oh, well. I think I'm up for the challenge. Right now I'm on the fence about whether or not to go back to the original pattern and try to fix it or cut apart a pair of pants that fit well and are nearly unwearable because of stains and signs of wear. Hmmm...something to ponder while I finish the laundry and clean today.