Skip to main content

Fleece Pajama Hat Trick

I made pajamas for each of my kids.


They’re so happy because they got to pick out the fabric.

My older daughter wanted “pajamas that have the top and bottom connected and have feet.” Kwik Sew 2704 was the answer – sleepers for big kids.


My son wanted the same thing, and was quite insistent that they be cozy. In his mind, cozy and fuzzy are synonymous.


I think both of them are surprised how warm these are.

My younger daughter only wears dresses, skirts, and jumpers for day and nightgowns at night. She’s cute about this as long as there is a choice she approves of in her drawer. If everything that suits her is in the laundry, she’s not so cute. So, here we have another nightgown for her. I modified an out-of-print Kwik Sew pattern to make it.


Oh, and I made her leggings to wear with the nightgown since she doesn’t keep the blankets on at night.


Sleep well, kiddos!

Comments

  1. Super cute! The PJs and the children!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three are so cute! I love their Pj's, they do look very warm and perfect for this winter weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, they are all so cute! The footed pj's would be so toasty warm. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pajamas! My son always loves to pick out his fabric too! It is so awesome that us moms have the ability to do that for our kids, it makes it special!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Burda Skirt Again

I'm not sure what prompted it, but awhile ago I decided that I needed a green skirt. The last time I was at Fabricland I saw this green wide-wale corduroy. I wasn't really looking for the skirt to be corduroy and the color was a little different than I was hoping for, but since I had my eyes peeled for awhile and hadn't seen anything better, I thought I'd try the corduroy. After looking for a suitable pattern, I settled on the Burda 2/2010 skirt that I've already used three times . Because of the weight and bulk of the corduroy, I didn't want to try to mess with too many details. I'll use another skirt pattern soon. Really, I will. One of the things I really like about this pattern is the pockets. This time I made the pocket facings and part of the pocket bag out of a cotton woven solid to reduce bulk. Since I'll be wearing this skirt with tights I added a lining. Adding the lining was really simple except that I cut the lining exactly the sam...

Predestined for Millinery? I think not...

The church I'm a member of belongs in the Calvinist tradition.  If John Calvin were still alive today, he would be 500 years old.  Our church is having a "birthday party" for him this week.  His birthday was actually in July, but when it's been 500 years, what's a month here or there?  The Preacher tells me that it is the year that is the significant part.  As part of this celebration, one of the church members is playing the role of John Calvin and he asked me to make a hat as part of his costume. You can think what you want about John Calvin, but you've got to admit that the man had a pretty cool hat .  Even as cool as it is, it isn't a popular style today (surprising, isn't it?!) so I was on my own for making/adapting a pattern.  I started with Vogue 8528 , View C (top left). I added a brim and the (very strange) earflap piece and (after two muslins) ended up with this: Front: Side: Back: The hat is velvet and I was nervous about se...

Grocery Bags

More gifts! These are just like the still-all-too-ubiquitous plastic grocery bags, but they're fabric.  I followed this tutorial and you actually use a plastic bag as a pattern.  The instructions are very good and include a pocket so that the bag can be folded up and is easy to keep in a purse or a car's glove box. Mostly for the sake of the gift recipients, here's how to fold up the bag.... 1.  Lay the bag pocket side down and fold it length-wise using the edges of the pocket as a guide. 2.  Fold it in half, aligning the top of the handles with the bottom of the bag. 3.  Fold in half again and then reach into pocket with your hand and turn the whole thing (pocket included) inside out. Happy shopping!